Ratlou Local Municipality (NW381)
Private Bag X209, Madibogo, 2772Physical:
Delareyville Road, Next to Setlagole Library, StellaTel:
018 330 7000Fax:
018 330 7047Web: www.ratlou.gov.za
Description: Ratlou Local Municipality (Setla-Kgobi Local Municipality) is one of the local municipalities under the jurisdiction of Ngaka Modiri Molema District Municipality in the North West province. It shares its borders with three other municipalities and the Republic of Botswana. The municipality is divided into 14 wards. Owing to its nature as a rural municipality, Ratlou does not have large economic centres within its jurisdiction. Most government services are conducted from various centres that are mainly located in Setlagole.Cities/Towns:
Disaneng, Kraaipan, Madibogo, SetlagoleMain Economic Sectors:
Agriculture, mining, tourism
26 889Population Growth:
0.11% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
ANC 22, UCDP 3, COPE 2, DA 1Mayor:
Mr Phenyo ManceOther Members of Council:
Matshidiso Mongala (Speaker), Galaletsang Boikanyo (Chairperson: MPAC), A Matebele (Infrastructure Portfolio), Peo Mokgosi (Finance Portfolio), Mkumalo (Health Portfolio), V Shomolekae (Corporate Services Portfolio)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr Glen LekomanyaneChief Financial Officer:
Ms Patience LeburuCommunications Officer:
Mr Lesley MujiLED Officer:
Mr T KopeleOther Senior Management:
G Mabilo (Director: Technical Services), T Kopele (Director: Town Planning and Development)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Qualified audit opinion||Financially unqualified with findings|
|Property rates||3 053||-||-|
|Transfers recognised - operational||89 209||-||-|
|Other own revenue||34 611||-||69 848|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||127 597||-||69 848|
|Employee costs||36 367||-||-|
|Remuneration of councillors||8 603||-||-|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||-||-||-|
|Materials and bulk purchases||4 900||-||-|
|Transfers and grants||-||-||-|
|Other expenditure||41 982||-||77 624|
|Total Expenditure||91 852||-||77 624|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||35 745||-||(7 776)|
|Transfers recognised - capital||38 796||-||15 004|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||74 541||-||7 228|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||74 541||-||7 228|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||40 965||-||25 166|
|Transfers recognised - capital||37 720||-||18 073|
|Public contributions & donations||3 245||-||7 093|
|Internally generated funds||-||-||-|
|Total sources of capital funds||40 965||-||25 166|
|Total current assets||-||-||37 400|
|Total non current assets||-||-||144 399|
|Total current liabilities||-||-||14 830|
|Total non current liabilities||-||-||980|
|Community wealth/Equity||-||n/a||165 989|
|Net cash from (used) operating||38 403||n/a||11 796|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(40 190)||n/a||(20 136)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||-||n/a||-|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||15 762||n/a||24 831|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Unauthorised expenditure||n/a||12 906||8 107|
|Irregular expenditure||n/a||48 341||22 994|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||22||23|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Tenders are published on the municipal website and notice boards, and in the local and national newspapers.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
Redevelopment of Setlogole commercial hub; comprehensive rural development programme in Ward 1.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2012/13Annual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2012/13MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at email@example.com
so that we can correct it.