Vhembe District Municipality (DC34)
Private Bag X5006, Thohoyandou, 0950Physical:
Government Complex, Thohoyandou Ring Road, ThohoyandouTel:
015 960 2000Fax:
015 962 1017Web: www.vhembe.gov.za
Vhembe District Municipality is located in the northern part of the Limpopo province. It shares borders with Zimbabwe and Botswana in the north-west and Mozambique in the south-east through the Kruger National Park. The Limpopo River valley forms the border between the district and its international neighbours. It includes the Transvaal, and areas that were previously under Venda and Gazankulu Bantustan's administration. It is comprised of four local municipalities: Musina, Mutale, Thulamela and Makhado. The District Municipal offices, as well as the Thulamela Local Municipality offices, are located in the town of Thohoyandou. It covers a geographical area that is predominantly rural. It is a legendary cultural hub, and a catalyst for agricultural and tourism development.
Makhado (Louis Trichardt), Musina (Messina), ThohoyandouMain Economic Sectors:
Mining, community services, finance
1 294 722Households:
335 276Population Growth:
0.78% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
ANC 48, DA 4, COPE 3, ACDP 2, PAC 1Mayor:
T B MatibeOther Members of Council:
M L Manyuha (Technical Portfolio Head), M E Ramoyada (Finance Portfolio Head), M D Mboyi (Corporate Portfolio Head), M P Themba (Planning Portfolio Head), S E Makhomisane (Community Services Portfolio Head)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr Thomas MakumuleChief Financial Officer:
Ms Linda RamatlhapeCommunications Officer:
Matodzi RalushaiLED Officer:
Mr Mushaphi MukundiOther Senior Management:
Midas Mudau (GM: Planning), Alex Nemakonde (GM: Community Services), N A Todani (Acting GM: Corporate Services), Shumani Razwiedani (GM: Office of the Executive Mayor), N F Tshivhengwa (GM: Technical Services)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Disclaimer of audit opinion||Disclaimer of audit opinion|
|Service charges||21 506||80 234||72 431|
|Investment revenue||8 563||8 676||8 265|
|Transfers recognised - operational||907 823||581 818||296 276|
|Other own revenue||35 194||94 757||656 114|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||973 086||765 486||1 033 086|
|Employee costs||385 881||362 745||318 852|
|Remuneration of councillors||11 383||9 131||8 593|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||61 584||122 264||64 646|
|Materials and bulk purchases||34 185||53 696||61 262|
|Transfers and grants||30 345||-||154|
|Other expenditure||149 916||116 982||597 694|
|Total Expenditure||673 293||664 818||1 051 977|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||299 792||100 667||(18 890)|
|Transfers recognised - capital||498 936||-||-|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||798 728||100 667||(18 890)|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||798 728||100 667||(18 890)|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||479 324||385 822||533 233|
|Transfers recognised - capital||476 184||385 663||464 618|
|Public contributions & donations||5||160||-|
|Internally generated funds||3 135||-||68 615|
|Total sources of capital funds||479 324||385 822||533 233|
|Total current assets||416 443||311 980||172 332|
|Total non current assets||(62 689)||2 949 670||2 219 519|
|Total current liabilities||249 424||420 240||517 692|
|Total non current liabilities||434||693||3 677|
|Community wealth/Equity||103 897||2 840 717||1 870 482|
|Net cash from (used) operating||928 303||465 917||209 084|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(386 681)||(380 495)||(275 880)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||-||715||(4 674)|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||546 723||91 239||5 101|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Irregular expenditure||n/a||139 747||185 965|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||695||451|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Notices are placed in district offices and adverts are placed in regional weekly newspapers and national newspapers.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
Awelani community tourism at Makuya Village (Mutale Municipality); Tshakhuma Fresh Produce Market; Makuya cattle feedlot.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAudited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2012/13IDP 2011/12MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at email@example.com
so that we can correct it.