Nkangala District Municipality (DC31)
PO Box 437, Middelburg, 1050Physical:
2A Walter Sisulu Street, MiddelburgTel:
013 249 2000Fax:
013 249 2114Web: www.nkangaladm.gov.za
Nkangala District Municipality is a Category C municipality found in the Mpumalanga province. It is comprised of six local municipalities: Victor Khanye (Delmas), Emalahleni, Steve Tshwete (Middelburg), Emakhazeni, Thembisile Hani, and Dr JS Moroka. The district's headquarters are in Middelburg (Steve Tshwete Local Municipality). It is also responsible for the Mdala District Management Area. Nkangala is at the economic hub of Mpumalanga, and is rich in minerals and natural resources. A strength of the district is the Maputo Corridor, which brings increased potential for economic growth and tourism development. The proximity to Gauteng opens up opportunities to a larger market, which is of benefit to the district's agricultural and manufacturing sectors. The further potential inherent in exporting goods provides opportunities that need to be investigated.
Delmas, Dullstroom, Emgwenya (Waterval Boven), Hendrina, Kriel, KwaMhlanga, Mdala Nature Reserve, Middelburg, Ogies, Phola, Pullens Hope, Rietkuil, eMakhazeni (Belfast), eMalahleni (Witbank), eNtokozweni (Machadodorp)Main Economic Sectors:
Mining, manufacturing, energy, agriculture
1 308 129Households:
356 911Population Growth:
2.50% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
ANC 44, DA 12, SPP 2, ILIM 1Mayor:
Mr S K MashiloOther Members of Council:
B A Nkwanyana (Speaker), T M Letlaka (Chief Whip), L J Dikgale (MMC: Infrastructure and Service Delivery), C Motau (MMC: Corporate, Human Resources and Legal Services), A P Mufume (MMC: Local Economic Development and Rural Development), I M Masombuka (MMC: Finance), N E Hlope (MMC: Social Services, Disaster, Youth, Health and Education), J F Radebe (MMC: Rural Development, Public Safety and Transport)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr Allan Zimbwa (Acting)Chief Financial Officer:
Mrs A L StanderCommunications Officer:
Mr Zamani McinekaLED Officer:
Mr B M MatimbaOther Senior Management:
Z W Mcineka (Corporate Services), A Zimbwa (Technical Services), E Tshabalala (Social Services), P Raputsoa (Development and Planning Unit)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Financially unqualified with findings||Financially unqualified with findings|
|Investment revenue||16 866||29 656||30 257|
|Transfers recognised - operational||312 050||303 175||294 685|
|Other own revenue||2 469||4 719||4 985|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||331 385||337 550||329 926|
|Employee costs||60 539||59 490||38 231|
|Remuneration of councillors||11 561||11 148||10 255|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||8 272||8 220||7 557|
|Finance charges||4 629||5 295||5 973|
|Materials and bulk purchases||236||245||-|
|Transfers and grants||206 415||227 544||248 857|
|Other expenditure||120 666||55 659||21 371|
|Total Expenditure||412 319||367 602||332 244|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||(80 934)||(30 052)||(2 318)|
|Transfers recognised - capital||-||6||227|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||(80 934)||(30 046)||(2 091)|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||(80 934)||(30 046)||(2 091)|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||6 141||10 023||7 020|
|Transfers recognised - capital||-||-||-|
|Public contributions & donations||-||6||-|
|Internally generated funds||6 141||10 017||7 020|
|Total sources of capital funds||6 141||10 023||7 020|
|Total current assets||602 639||675 108||705 683|
|Total non current assets||114 775||123 564||124 649|
|Total current liabilities||65 468||65 792||62 963|
|Total non current liabilities||43 659||43 659||47 034|
|Community wealth/Equity||608 287||689 221||720 335|
|Net cash from (used) operating||(61 285)||(23 619)||(27 545)|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(6 090)||47 865||3 629|
|Net cash from (used) financing||(5 788)||(6 242)||5 811|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||392 889||466 052||448 048|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Irregular expenditure||n/a||-||12 801|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||7||-|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Completed tenders are to be placed in the tender box at the municipality. For enquiries: Mrs Trudie van Niekerk, SCM Office, 013 249 2123.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
Catalytic Converter (R290 million); Loskop-Zithabiseni Tourism Belt Development; Rust de Winter Development; Victor Khanye International Cargo Airport (R111 billion); Moloto Corridor Rail Development; International Convention Centre (R110 million); agro-processing (R73 million); truck port/logistics hub.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2012/13Annual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can correct it.